Monday, June 25, 2012

What even IS a Mommy Blog?

You know, I've heard a lot about mommy bloggers and most of what I've heard isn't all that great. "All they do is complain about doing housework." "I once read a blog that was nothing but talk about nail polish." "Mommy bloggers are the peasant class of bloggers." So, I surfed around the internet for a bit and read bits and pieces of several different "mommy" blogs. Do you know what I found out?

Mommy bloggers are awesome.

These women are real women who live real lives with real issues that I can relate to. Sure, these blogs aren't for everyone, but when have you found something that EVERYBODY likes? Exactly.

My point is: I am making a mommy blog. (That may have been a round about way to get to that point. Round abouts are stupid. Why can't there just be a turn lane?!)

This blog will be full of my life. There will be much hilarity. Things in my house can get pretty crazy, so don't be surprised if the topics are very widely ranged. There will be a lot of talk about my awesome two-and-a-half-year-old, Addison, and my husband, Josh. We also have two pets I'll probably mention a lot: Maya, our year-and-a-half-old puppy and Chill, our four-year-old cat. There will be some serious posts, I think, because I plan on this begin a growing and learning experience.

Well, that's about all the introduction you're going to get. Be prepared because my life, family and friends are all so completely random that I honestly have NO idea what's going to happen in these posts. However, you are all so very welcome here and I hope you enjoy yourselves. I know I will!

-Mommy Michelle

1 comment:

  1. I like it! The only thing I'd change is the name to Mishyoshimomma. Other than that, though, it's perfect ;).

    ReplyDelete